Indian head massage has been around for 4,000 years. It is part of the ancient ayurvedic healing system, and a traditional part of Indian culture.
This healing treatment not only works on the scalp, as the name suggests, but also on the shoulders, upper back, and arms. These are all areas where we tend to harbour a great deal of tension – arising perhaps from poor posture, spending long periods in front of a computer screen, or due to an accumulation of emotional stress.
The therapeutic effects of Indian head massage last long after the treatment is over. The short and long term benefits are individual, varied, cumulative, and include the following:
- Relief from pain and stiffness in the muscles of the face, scapula, neck, upper back, and shoulders.
- Increased mobility of the joint in the neck and shoulder areas.
- Relief from tension headaches, eye strain, nasal congestion, jaw-ache, and hangovers.
- Increased energy levels.
- Alleviation of stress, anxiety, lethargy, and mild depression.
- Greater creativity, clarity of thought, and concentration.
- A sense of tranquillity, calmness, and positive well-being.
- More restful, refreshing sleep.
- Deeper, calmer breathing.
- Strengthened immune system.
- Improve skin condition and colour.
- Strong, healthy, shiny hair and scalp.
- Increased self esteem and self worth.
- Greater self awareness, which often brings the additional benefit of a change to a healthier lifestyle.
Make an Appointment